Saturday, September 22, 2012

Liebster Award

Oh my goodness!
The wonderful Hayley over at Planet Mommy has nominated my blog for a Liebster Award!



This is the first official award my blog has been nominated for since it's start in May and I am so incredibly honored to have received it!

For those of you unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, it is an award "for blogs that have 200 followers or less. The word 'Liebster' is German for kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, valued, cute, pleasant, endearing and welcome!"

Thank you so much Hayley!!!

Rules for accepting the award:
1. Each person most post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the people you tag with the award.
3. Chose 5 bloggers (with less then 200 followers) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award (social networks accepted).
5. If you have not done so already, follow the tagger and visit at least three nominees. Spread the love!
6. And remember, no tag backs!
 
ONE: 11 Things you don't know about me.
1. I am a Biological Anthropology student.
2. I started a pseudo-bakery, Bella Dolci.
3. I LOVE to read (this is a relatively new hobby).
4. I am obsessed with polka dots and houndstooth patterns.
5. I LOVE thrift stores.
6. I am super short (4'10")...don't laugh :-P
7. My favorite color is Tiffany Blue.
8. I make purses and bags out of recycled floppy disks called Geek Chic.
9. I have an obsession with shoes, especially heels (see #6).
10. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 5 years (Oct. marks it!)
11. My dog, Bella, might as well be my daughter with how spoiled she is.

TWO: Answers to questions given to me
1. What is your favorite season, and why?
  • I actually don't have a favorite season. However, I get super happy and relaxed at the beginning of each new season (especially when the weather calls for wardrobe changes!!!)
2. Would you rather travel to Hawaii or Italy, why?
  • Italy, because that's where my family is from!
3. Favorite quote or saying:
  • "To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." ~E.E. Cummings
4. Do you prefer long hair or short?
  • Depends on the person. Long hair looks best on me, because my hair is so thick, but there are definitely some short looks I wish I could pull off!
5. If you were given one million dollars, how would you spend it?
  • Easy: pay off students loans and pay for the rest of schooling for me and my family, then invest the rest in a high interest account.
6. What is your decorating style?
  • Oh dear...boho chic meets art deco meets modern simplicity meets environmental meets vintage. Yeah, I'm kind of all over the place.
7. Are you a reader? If so, what's the latest book you read?
  • YES! The book I'm currently working on is called People of the Book, by Geraldine Brooks. It's not my favorite, but it's not bad either! Just not my usual genre.
8. Favorite flavor of ice cream:
  • Fudge Brownie (the kind with the big chunks of chewy brownie pieces)!
9. What is something you want to accomplish within the next six months?
  • A 4.0 GPA for the semester!
10. Do blondes really have more fun?!
  • Absolutely not! Brunette's where it's at!!!
11. What's your favorite vacation spot?
  • Anywhere my family is! Love those crazies!
  
THREE: 11 Questions for the winners (I liked the questions I was asked, so I'm going to pass them on)
1. What is your favorite season, and why?
2. Would you rather travel to Hawaii or Italy, why?
3. Favorite quote or saying:
4. Do you prefer long hair or short?
5. If you were given one million dollars, how would you spend it?
6. What is your decorating style?
7. Are you a reader? If so, what's the latest book you read?
8. Favorite flavor of ice cream:
9. What is something you want to accomplish within the next six months?
10. Do blondes really have more fun?!
11. What's your favorite vacation spot?
 
FOUR: Winners! Go check them out!

Thank you again, Hayley! You made my day!

And, as always...



3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination, I'll do my award feature this week!!

    Jen (www.fabulousfinds.ca)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award!! I would love to go to Italy, too! I'll cross my fingers for you and your GPA this sem!! :-) Xo
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete